Science and technology are two of the most popular topics on the internet. Whether you’re looking to learn something new or just curious about what other people are interested in, it’s no surprise that tutorials concerning these fields have gained a lot of traction recently. From deep dives into coding languages to explanations of complex scientific concepts, these tutorials cover a wide range of topics and can be incredibly helpful for anyone seeking to learn more about technology and science. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular tutorials that have gone viral over the past few years and explore why they’ve become so popular.
The Science and Technology of Viral Videos
As anyone who’s ever watched a viral video knows, there’s a certain je ne sais quoi that makes them so captivating. But what is it, exactly? Is it the lighting? The editing? The sound effects?
According to some scientists, there may be something more fundamental at work: our innate need to see and learn about new things.
In a 2014 study published in the journal Science, researchers found that people were more likely to watch and share videos that contained novel information—that is, information that they hadn’t seen before.
The study participants were shown two types of videos: one featured novel information (for example, a person doing an unusual thing), while the other featured familiar information (for example, a person doing something mundane). The researchers found that the participants spent more time watching and sharing the videos with novel information.
This suggest that we are hardwired to seek out new experiences—and that may be why we can’t resist watching those crazy cat videos or fail-compilation clips. They offer us a chance to see something we’ve never seen before.
But novelty isn’t the only factor that contributes to a video’s virality. Emotion also plays a role. In another 2014 study, also published in Science, researchers found that people were more likely to share videos that elicited strong emotions—either positive or negative.
The Top Five Viral Science and Technology Videos
The Top Five Viral Science and technology Videos:
- The “Gangnam Style” Parody of Psy’s Global Hit: This video, created by a group of Stanford students, quickly went viral thanks to its clever use of the popular “Gangnam Style” song and dance. The parody highlights some of the most important aspects of science and technology, making it both educational and entertaining.
- A 3D Printer in Every Home?: This TED Talk by Bre Pettis explores the potential for 3D printing to revolutionize manufacturing and bring about a new era of “personal fabrication.” With 3D printers becoming more affordable and accessible, this technology could have a major impact on the way we live and work.
- The Physics of Superheroes: In this fun and informative talk, physics teacher Scott McCurdy explains some of the basic principles behind some of our favorite superhero abilities. From Superman’s heat vision to Spider-Man’s web-slinging, Scott shows us how real-world physics can make these seemingly impossible feats possible.
- A New Way to See the World: NASA’s Curiosity Rover has been explore Mars for over a year now, and in that time it has sent back some truly amazing images of the Martian surface. In this video compilation, we get to see Curiosity’s handiwork up close, giving us an incredible new perspective on our neighboring planet.
- How Night Vision Works: Have
Why These Videos Went Viral
Science and technology are two of the most popular topics on the internet, so it’s no surprise that videos about these topics often go viral. But why do some videos get more attention than others?
There are a few factors that can make a science or technology video go viral. First, if the video is entertaining or informative, people are more likely to share it with their friends. Second, if the topic is something that people are interested in learning more about, they’re more likely to search for it online. And finally, if the video is well-made and engaging, people will want to watch it again and again.
So if you’re looking to make a science or technology video that will go viral, be sure to keep these factors in mind. With a little effort, you could be responsible for the next big internet sensation!
Science and technology tutorials have become an incredibly popular way of learning. With so many great tutorials available, it’s no wonder these particular ones went viral! Not only do they provide valuable information in a concise and easy to understand format, but they also demonstrate the passion of educators for their chosen subject. We hope that this article has given you some insight into why these science and technology tutorials have been so successful and encouraged you to give them a try yourself.
See More: Tex9.Net Computer Chip